Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Child

My Child

My child would be sweet and kiss me on my cheek so softly
I would grow her up into a beautiful flower so she does not wilt
I would build her up piece by piece like making a quilt
I would see her smile, pretty as the sunset and I would let
her roam in my backyard and play with my dog
and she would get dirty and chase the frogs 
Then I will go out with her every summer night
and catch fireflies and watch them fight 
just to get out of the jar and we would take them far
and high and let them out one by one 
saying what we love after every firefly we let out
I would give her ice cream and she’d say can I have another one
We would go back home and I would tuck her in 
she would say goodnight mommy today was fun
I would sit with her as she fell to sleep 
as this summer wind softly sweeps 
her dreams away
Tomorrow is another day
especially with her by my side

No comments:

Post a Comment